The Moto E 2015 is another low-price Android smartphone released in February 2015.
Its features are as follows :-
It has 4.5″ 540 x 960 IPS LCD display with a 245 ppi pixel density and is powered by a 2.1GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor. It comes with 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage, with a 32 GB expandable memory. Other features include a 5MP rear shooter with 720p video recording, VGA front facing camera and a 2390mAh battery.
The phone has good features according to its price. But, if you are a tech savvy and want to add some new features to your phone, then you’ll have to root your device. Here is the easiest and one click method for rooting your Moto E 2015 and it is Moto E Toolkit. This toolkit will help you out to unlock the bootloader of your device and in rooting it. It will also install custom recovery on your Moto E. To know more about rooting and its benefits, read this article.
Disclaimer: Rooting your device, will void your device’s warranty. Rooting is a risky process and if something goes wrong during the process, you may end up with a bricked device. Neither we nor the developer will be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. This procedure is for Moto E 2015 only and strictly not to be tried this on other phones.
- Generally, rooting your device do not wipes-out the data from your phone. But to be on the safer side, get a backup of your important data like contacts, APNs, etc.
- If your bootloader is unlocked then its good, which does comes as default, or else, first unlock bootloader of the device. You can unlock it with the help of this tool. Just follow the given steps to unlock bootloader below.
- Next, you have to enable USB Debugging in your smartphone by visiting Settings -> Applications -> Development –> USB Debugging (tick on the box) to enable it. Also select OEM Unlock.
- Make sure that battery backup of your Moto E smartphone is above 70% or more to carry out the following process.
- Ensure that you have USB Drivers of your smartphone is installed on your computer.
Moto E Toolkit can be downloaded from forum.xda-developers
How To Unlock Bootloader:
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable and open the toolkit application.
- Click on Check Device button and your device should be listed. If its not listed, then install USB drivers of your phone from the toolkit.
- Click on Generate String button.
- This will reboot your device to Fastboot Mode and a website will be open.
- Log in to the site.
- Copy string from the toolkit and paste it to the website and click ‘Can my device be unlocked?‘
- If it says yes, a ‘Request Unlock Key‘ button will appear at the bottom of the page. Select I Agree and click on Request Unlock Key.
- Copy the Unlock Key from your mail and paste it into Application.
- Now, click on Unlock to unlock the bootloader of your Moto E 2015.
How To Root Moto E 2015:
- Once you have unlocked the bootloader of your deice, you are just 5 minutes away in rooting your device.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable and open the toolkit application.
- Once your device is listed in the application, click on Recovery button.
- Just sit back and relax while your device will getting be rooted with a custom recovery installed on it.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Moto E 2015 Android smartphone. If you encounter any problem during this procedure, feel free to ask here in comments.